Fountain of Love and Life (May 2011 - Dec 2016, full-time)
Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Motion Graphic Designer
▪ Design various graphic artworks for publication, promotion, branding, and website.
▪ Provide art/creative direction for video production.
▪ Design motion graphics/effects as well as animations for video production.
▪ Provide I.T. management and support.
▪ Organize technical training workshops for volunteers.
Peripheral Express Inc. (Mar. 2009 - May 2011, full-time)
Graphic & Web Designer / Marketing Manager
▪ Designed web graphics, developed webpage, and provided daily maintenance of eCommerce websites.
▪ Handled social media marketing on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and online forum.
▪ Served as a liaison with product managers, sales, and web programmers.
▪ Processed and analyzed web statistics and marketing trends.
▪ Handled web sales and provided customer services to both retail and online customers.
Singtao Daily (Sept. 2008 - Jan. 2009, contract)
▪ Responsible for the production of the annually published Singtao Etel Index.
▪ Served as a liaison between editors, sales representatives, and production manager.
▪ Designed editorial layouts and advertising for Singtao Etel Index, Singtao newspaper and magazines.
Today Daily News (Oct. 2005 - Aug. 2008, full-time)
Production Manager Assistant / Art Director Assistant / Senior Graphic Designer
▪ Supervised the newspaper department as production manager assistant and art director assistant.
▪ Responsible for daily routine of prepress operation and overseeing of daily production process.
▪ Arranged production schedule and composed post-production reports.
▪ Communicated with the printing manager regarding newsprint stock usage and inventory.
▪ Performed print quality control along with production manager.
▪ Involved in staff training and prepared training manual.
▪ Established design layout templates and standardized branding/style guidelines.
▪ Designed newspaper graphics and magazine editorial layouts.
▪ Occasionally performed the operation of trimming, folding, binding, and distribution of magazines.
▪ Developed and maintained the company’s website.
Design & Draft
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Acrobat Pro
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Forms
- Google Slides
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Google Apps
- Mac OS
Mon Sheong Foundation (2013-2014)
- Designed editorial layout and prepare output files for the Mon Sheong 50th Golden Anniversary memorial book.
- Member of the Mon Sheong 50th Golden Anniversary editorial/design team.
- Member of the Mon Sheong Memoir (vol. 4) editorial/design team.
- Provided Adobe Photoshop and InDesign workshops for volunteers.
Fountain of Love and Life (2005-2011)
- Coordinated volunteers of the Design team.
- Designed promotion materials such as posters, flyers, pamphlets, administrative forms, dvd covers, stationery, giveaways, etc.
- Held regular monthly joint meetings with the Promotion team.
- Designed newsletter with quarterly circulation of 5,000 print copies and online electronic distribution.
- Designed web graphics.
Interior Decorating & AutoCAD (2016-2017)
Interior Decorating Certificate & AutoCAD Fundamentals Certificate,
George Brown College
Communication, Culture & Information Technology C.C.I.T. (2001-2005)
Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree,
University of Toronto at Mississauga
Digital Communication Certificate,
Sheridan College Institute
Double major in C.C.I.T. and Fine Arts History